Posted on

Wolf Point Captures Second Place At District Tournament

Wolf Point Captures Second Place At District Tournament Wolf Point Captures Second Place At District Tournament

The Wolf Point Wolves came away with second-place honors from the District 2B volleyball tournament held in Glasgow during the weekend.

The Wolves advanced into the championship match by edging Malta by a 24-26, 2515, 25-9, 28-26 final.

After dropping the first set, Wolf Point grabbed a 14-9 lead in the second set on an ace by Kylie Rodenberg, a kill by Keeley Blount-Henderson and a block by Sierra Hamilton. Blocks by Hamilton and Kashlyn Speak Thunder kept the Wolves ahead 16-12.

Gabrielle Fourbear accounted for a pair of kills to increase the margin to 22-15. A tip by Fourbear and two strong serves by Azaleii Ackerman resulted in the 25-15 final.

The net play of Hamilton and serving of Fourbear led Wolf Point to an 8-1 advantage in the third set.

Consecutive spikes by Speak Thunder put Wolf Point ahead by a 15-7 advantage. The Wolves stayed ahead on a spike by Kaleah Miller-Toves and a kill by Blount-Henderson.

An ace by Rodenberg put the margin at a comfortable 22-9.

In the fourth set, the Wolves trailed early but kills by Hamilton and an ace by Miller-Toves tied the score at 19-19.

A kill by Fourbear put Wolf Point up by a 22-20 margin, but Malta fought back to take a 25-24 lead.

With the game even at 26-26, the Wolves accounted for the last two points of the match including a kill by Hamilton.

The Wolves then fell to Fairview, 23-25, 21-25, 20-25, in the championship match.

The first set was even at 1919, but Fairview then gained a 24-20 advantage.

Wolf Point fought back on a kill by Fourbear and two kills by Hamilton to cut the margin to 24-23, but the Warriors scored the set’s final point.

Aces by Miller-Toves got the Wolves off to a 6-3 lead in the second set. Hamilton scored a couple of kills to keep the Wolves ahead by a 12-8 margin.

After Fairview moved ahead, a block by Blount-Henderson and a kill by Fourbear produced a 17-17 deadlock.

Kills by Hamilton and Fourbear kept Wolf Point in the set at 20-20, but Fairview then struck for four straight points. A tip by Hamilton cut the gap to 24-21 before Fairview scored the winning point.

In the third set, the Wolves trailed early but a block by Blount-Henderson was good for a 17-17 deadlock. The Wolves gained a 20-19 lead on a serve by Miller-Toves.

The Warriors scored the last six points of the match including three on aces.

Wolf Point will meet Shelby at 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 2, at the divisional tournament in Malta.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *