Posted on

Letters To The Editor

Dear Editor:

If you have vacant property or a vacant lot that has a water service line, now or in the past, you will be charged $70 a month — usage does not matter.

To disconnect, you have to do it at the corporation valve. The curb stop valve is not valid. The corporation valve is attached to the main water line. To get access to the corporation valve, an eight-foot hole in the street or the alley is needed. The landowner is responsible for all costs, including asphalt on the street.

To be reconnected, the city will charge you $1,000 plus you have the cost of digging the hole.

The city council meeting is Monday, March 16, at 6 p.m. City office: 653-1852. Jerry Neumiller

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *