Posted on

Wolves Drop Final Game Against Glasgow

Wolves Drop Final Game Against Glasgow Wolves Drop Final Game Against Glasgow

The outcome was already determined and the minutes were ticking away, but Wolf Point’s football team still had something to play for during the last quarter of the home game against Glasgow on Friday, Oct. 20.

The Wolves displayed determination and their love for the sport in the final stages of the 41-6 season finale defeat. Instead of going through the motions down the stretch, the Wolves started a drive on their own 12 and picked up a first down at the 28 when senior Maddox Reum at first bobbled the ball but then went 16 yards. The hard running of Reum and Charles Page moved the ball near midfield.

Facing a third-and-three from the 47, Wolf Point’s faithful celebrated when Page, a 240-pound senior fullback, bounced outside and then ran the distance for a 53-yard touchdown run with 3:22 remaining.

Mitchell Brown then recovered an on-sides kickoff to fire up Wolf Point’s players. With time running out, Wolf Point’s Preston Swenson was ready to attempt a 57-yard field goal, but a bad snap ended the contest.

The Wolves struggled with injuries throughout the contest against the conference champion Glasgow squad.

Glasgow opened the game with a 56-yard driving drive that was highlighted by the running of senior Tatum Hansen. The Scotties had a first down at the three, but defensive plays by Lennoxx Lilley, Page and Ifeanyi Aniobi kept Glasgow out of the end zone for three plays. Glasgow scored on fourth down when quarterback Toryn Richards battled in from the one. Rex Monson kicked the conversion for a 7-0 margin.

After Glasgow’s defense stopped the Wolves on a fourth-and-one running attempt, the Scotties drove 48 yards for their second touchdown of the night. On a fourth-down play from the nine, Wyatt Babb made a great diving catch of a pass from Richards with 1:21 left in the quarter. Monson’s kick put the margin at 14-0.

Glasgow’s next touchdown came when Hansen returned a blocked punt 39 yards with 45 seconds remaining in the period.

The Scotties increased their lead to 22-0 when Glasgow’s Hansen sacked quarterback Swenson for a safety with 11:12 left in the half.

Glasgow then marched deep inside Wolf Point territory. Two strong defensive plays by Lilley forced the Scotties into a third-andfive situation at the 17, but Glasgow reached the end zone when Richards hit Kade Strommen with a pass on a slant pattern. Monson’s kick put the margin at 29-0.

A 46-yard punt return by Liam Chapman put Glasgow ahead by a 35-0 margin with 5:01 left in the half.

Glasgow’s lone touchdown of the third quarter came on a 40-yard run by Hansen for a 41-0 advantage. The Scotties drove inside the Wolf Point 10 early in the fourth quarter, but Wolf Point’s defense stopped the threat.

The Wolves finished the season with a 2-7 record.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *