Governor Launches Annual Youth Hunting Story Contest
Gov. Greg Gianforte has announced the launch of the second annual Governor’s Youth Hunting Story Contest, open to Montana youth and apprentice hunters ages 10 to 17.
“Last year, we received hundreds of submissions from young hunters across Montana for our inaugural Youth Hunting Story Contest,” Gov. Gianforte said. “We’re excited to bring back the contest for its second year, and I invite all of Montana’s youth and apprentice hunters who harvest an animal this year to be a part of it.”
“We’ll read about their adventures, and in the new year, we’ll recognize ten young hunters as the contest winners at the State Capitol,” the governor said.
To enter the contest, hunters must submit a story of no more than 500 words and a photo from their hunt. Hunters must be a Montana resident and a licensed hunter or apprentice hunter between the ages of 10-17. Eligible entries include the harvest of any legal game, furbearer animals, or birds in Montana.
The governor will select 10 hunters, five aged 10-13 and five aged 14-17, and announce the winners during mid-December. Winners will be invited to the capitol to receive prizes and celebrate with the governor in January of the new year.
Deadline to enter the contest is Nov. 27.
To learn more and enter the Governor’s Youth Hunting Story Contest, visit youthhunting.mt.gov.