Posted on

Explosion Reported At Glasgow Stockyards

An explosion occurred at Glasgow Stockyards April 6. Cody Cornwell, Stockyards owner, told the Western Ag Network April 8 that they were branding and vaccinating heifers after the April 6 sale when the propane bottle they were using caught fire.

The building filled with propane gas during efforts to put out the fire, causing the building to explode.

Jake Newton suffered smoke inhalation when he was moving cattle away from the burning building. He was flown to Great Falls’ Intensive Care Unit.

The Valley County Sheriff’s Office and Long Run Fire Department and Ambulance assisted.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *